Search CynicalPessimist666.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Figures don't lie, but liars figure. Unemployment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9kz1T4286TU&pos=1
U.S. Initial Jobless Claims Fell to 466,000 Last Week (Update1)

Aren't we lucky that we have the government to interpret the numbers for us?

The government can look at 466,000 people filing for unemployment and tell us it is a good thing. It means that less people are filing for unemployment this week than last week.

Silly me, I look at 466,000 new people filing for unemployment this week, and say that if I multiply that by 52 weeks in a year, I come up with 24,232,000 who will unemployed this year.

I am so glad that my government can explain to me that our economy is improving and why this is a good thing and how this is an improvement over last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment