Search CynicalPessimist666.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Behind Closed Doors - Dirty Politics As Usual

Behind Closed Doors - Dirty Politics As Usual

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704254604574614183270356274.html
For Their Next Trick . . .
The latest example of violating principles of transparency and accountability in the single-minded pursuit of legislative victory.


I don't know what kind of hope and change you were looking for, but Chicago style dirty politics was NOT what I was looking for.

I guess I will never understand that the health care bill needed to be written behind closed doors so that politicians couldn't add their input to it. I guess I will never understand that the health care bill, once written, could not afford the time for politicians to read the bill before deciding if it was worth voting for. I guess I will never understand that now that a bill has passed the congress and the senate, the work to merge both bills together needs to be done behind closed doors. And I guess I will never understand that once everything gets worked out, the politicians won't have a chance to read the newly revised bill before voting on it.

I guess I am just not bright enough to understand the sleazy dirty game that politics has become in the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment